Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Last Day of Fifty

The last few hours of my 50th year on earth are wanning. Tomorrow, I become Fifty-One. Man! I remember the day I turned Fifteen, and Eighteen, Twenty-One, even Thirty, they all were very good years. Amazingly enough, and, perhaps, for some scary reason, I am enjoying this new stage of my life. I am a full fledge card carrying member of the AARP¡ I flash that card everywhere I go, and get all kind of discounts, and respect! It is more powerful that my AAA Premier Advantage Card }:-) .

I know talk grandma talk, wherever and whenever I can. And if you are unaware, I will show you the pictures of my grandbabies and of my beautiful daughters. You must oblige, after all, I am a "mature" lady and you will want to show me some courtesy >:-P

A lot of times, I am tired ; it is hard to rest most of the day, watching all of my favorites re-runs (of those shows I did not have the time to see, when I was younger and stronger, and working full time, on top of raising children!); plus playing my online game tournaments, all that really keep me busy. Sure, sure, I keep house, do laundry and dishes, cook for two and clean and mop; but, then again, who doesn't?

Life has been good to me, thanks to Bobe who has always been a loving and supportive companion, and to the girls, who after all, did finish school, did not become teen mothers and under no circumstances brought a gangster home posing as a boyfriend! Life has been good, living in America for most of it, I know I am very priviledged. Life has been good, my mother is still alive, my siblings are lovely and loving people, my health is not completely gone.

Tomorrow, I wonder if I will remember early in the morning, or until someone mentions it, that it is my birthday; after all, the grandbabies are spending the weekend here, and they keep me jumping on one foot, from one activity to the next!

Life has been good.

No comments: